Tuesday, May 10, 2011

*Insert Witty Albeit Lame Excuse*

Ah, blog. How have you been? Oy. Everytime I tell myself that I WILL write this regularly, it simply never happens >P Anyway, the last few, uhh, weeks(?) have been interesting. I suppose in a good way, haha. I seem to have taken on a one-child-falss-off per week quota, joy of all joys. Ugh. Nothing like ruining a kids confidence and tears to make you reavaluate how good of an instructor you are. However, this weeks lessons have started out very well. Maybe a good omen for the rest of the week, eh? Maybe?...Here's hoping.
I FINALLY have Bubby in some regular work. WooHoo! My little workaholic :) We are still having some stiffness issues but he's getting better every ride. the chiropractor (yes, a horse one) is coming out in a few weeks and as long as I have the funds (think vet bill times 2), he will be seeing Dr. Patty. I love watching her work and see her all the time when sedation is needed for some dental clients. Is it a lot of money, yes. Will it be worth it, absolutely. What she mainly does is evaluate and readjusts them, then gives you feedback on where they are stiff or uncomfortable and excersises to do with them. And she's not pushy about having to come back! Lord knows I cannot afford to do this too many times a year....like once, haha. His dressage is going to well AND he is in a couple lessons that i know are taxing his back but he is being really good. Why not pay him back? :)
Darryl and Christina are gearing up for their first Elementary event at Olde Hope in a few weeks. I am cautiously hopeful for them. The heat bogs him down and the trailering always gets him excited, which in turn wears him out. Oy vey. I know he can jump the course but all the factors worry me. I don't want them to have a bad show and I don't want him getting hurt due to fatigue. So, the next few weeks we are going to the push the jumping limit. It was my fault we didn't jump as much as they should have before the first show. He jumps so well, I just didn't think about his old man stamina in it all. Ugh. Onward to remedy that!
Oh, have I mentioned the dental is busy as all get out. Not that I'm complaing...totally, haha. I like the work, I like to work...May need a weekend of no work soon though. As a good friend recently told me (in good humor of course), I have a rather disgruntled personality. Fine, I accept that. But I am NOT normally this short fused and annoyed with this many people. My patience is not what it normally is. Aaannnddd the horses know it of course. Hopefully next weekend will be that weekend. Scottish Games on Saturday, Wilson commencement on Sunday...may just ask for Monday off too...we shall see.
Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment