Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I Heart My Horses :D











I cannot gush anymore profusely! My boys did FANTASTIC last night. Just fantastic :D Kylie finally got to ride Bubby in her lesson. She has a brass set, lemme tell ya. I think the height unnerved her for a second.....literally, haha. He did get a little quick in the trot at first but the second time around he was very good and she exclaimed (as I'm running along side him) "I got it! I got the rhythm!". Music to my ears :D I think at first he didn't know what to do with a whole 40 lbs (maybe) on his back, haha.





Then Christina rode Darryl. He is VERY out of shape. Yet, very willing to work. My only hesitation was because back in the fall/winter, he was getting a little.....full of himself, let's just say. I was hoping to chalk it up to the cool air and he was still getting back into shape. Ever notice how a thoroughbred's response to work after time off is "happy butt's"??? lol. He was also fantastic for her. They rode in a 5 person lesson which is unusual for this barn but what he is used to and it seemed to have worked for them. My trainer and I both think with a few weeks of trot pole work, he'll be ready to add some canter and small X's to their lessons :D 'Ol man's still got it!
And, yes, I snuck a picture of Ali and Bubby JUMPING! I know it doesn't look like my much to the untrained eye, oh but it is priceless. Standardbreds CAN jump! :D
'Til next time! :D










No comments:

Post a Comment