Saturday, August 7, 2010

*yawn*

Oy. I am not a fan of 10 and 12 hour days. No. Thank. You. Ugh! So, the new guy kind of sort of worked out....for weekends *headdesk*. Yes, it could be worse except that I'm basically doing the job of two people >P I'm feeding, turning out, bringing in, cleaning AND helping my boss with her dental appointments. Makes for very long days. And I just can't seem to get enough sleep no matter what I do. I WANT to sleep. Honest. I haven't been able to convince myself to STAY asleep. I have had help from my "little" brother, haha. I would not have been able to do all the barn work and the dental help work AND lessons by myself. This coming week will be even worse. Is it bad I'm already counting the days down til Friday??? Dun dun dun ~ CAMP WEEK. On a good note, it is the LAST one!!! Oh Joy :)
In other news, the boys and a few others in the barn finally got their feet done. And EVERYONE is sore. They were done Wednesday no less. Yeah, they were a bit over due. But sometimes the farrier gets a little trim happy too. Don't get me wrong, he's a really good farrier both skill wise and business wise. Last time my guys were done, their feet looked good. Let's just say, ok. This time, they look fantastic BUT they are both ouchy. Thankfully, everybody is getting better so *knock on wood* nothing serious going on in the hoof department, haha.
OH, and one of the girls at the barn is going to try Darryl aka Ol' Man, in her lesson next week! I'm crossing my fingers he works out for her. I simply can't keep them both exercised right now. He gets groomed and fussed over a bit during the week but no work. I mentioned it in passing and her eyes lit up :) I think they would be good for one another. She rides well for her level, nice seat, nice hands, good balance. He needs someone to kick his butt a little, lol, and have FUN with him. And I know she would appreciate him too. I figure is she likes him, she can ride him whenever she would like, on sort of a free lease. I'm lucky to have two good boys, why not share them? Here's to hoping he doesn't buck in his lesson and scare her. I've told her he KNOWS it, he's simply on the rusty, old-and-cantankarous side, lol. It would be so good for him. I do feel a little bad that it would take away from my boss' business (she has been paying for extra rides on a lesson horse) but at the same time, I know this girl really really really wants to ride and doesn't have the resources to be able to as much as she'd like. Please work, please work, please work!

I'll let you all (hahaha) know how it all goes. Kylie may be riding Bubby this week too :D We shall see!!!
Til next time! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment