Saturday, September 4, 2010

What!?! A MONTH, really???

Alright, so it's been....a while.... Where did the time go? Jeez. Well, lets see if I can update the past.....month...oy. Most recently, it seems BOTH my boys are going to Oktoberfest October 3rd :D *EXCITED*!!!! And, no, I'm not riding either of them. Strange I know but let me explain.
First, Darryl's new buddy Christina took him out cross country schooling last week at Olde Hope (where Oktoberfest is convieninetly held :D). I was a little nervous since I haven't had him out anywhere in a couple years. Stinkin old horses and their issues! *shakes fist in the air* lol. Turns out he was FABULOUS :D He LOVED being out on the cross country course, of course, haha. And I think the trailer ride in general. He likes field trips :) He has retired himslef it seems to the Greenhorn field (no higher than 1') which is fine. He's 30. He can decide just how high and how long he wishes to work. She enjoyed herself too she is happy to take him out :D He also saved the day/week AGAIN for camp. I love my ol' man <3 I also truly think that once he packs some more weight on and continues getting worked regularly, he'll want to jump a bit higher again. And he did JUMP the Greenhorn fences. Thats my boy.
Now Bubby had another jumping lesson with my friend Ali. He. Was. AWESOME. Picking the knees up and CANTERing away :D NO PACING!!! Yes, there is reason I had to have that horse 10 years ago :) Then Tuesday night Kylie asked if she could take him to Oktoberfest to do the Greenhorn class. Sure! It will be good for both of them. He needs some more show miles and I wanted to take him Greenhorn eventually anyway. He's generally good at shows too. He's also easier for her to control than the little pony she normally rides. And since they're both going in Greenhorn, they can stay on the trailer and get off the trailer together. Not to mention warm up together. They're both great alone but together they still have attachment issues, haha.
Did I mention no showing fees???? WooHoo!!! Man, I got lucky in the horse department :-) Love love love my boys.
Thats the bulk of whats been going on. I mean, there were some camps and bratty kids and brakes failing while pulling a trailer all in there too......Maybe for next time ;)
Talk at ya'll later! Its been a long few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment