Friday, July 30, 2010

Little Kids Crack Me Up!

Okay, how do people not like kids, in general??? I know some people should never breed yet they do and then we as a society must deal with the backlash of their spawn. But some kids are really cool! lol. For example, this one little girl (7) rides at the barn with her mom very Tuesday. They missed their regular lesson so they came Wednesday to ride. I've been helping with Kylie's lesson for about a year on and off. She's one of those students that will do anything, I mean ANYTHING related to horses. And bound and determined to event her lesson pony Dude....preferrably NOW, thank you. So I showed up Wednesday evening to feed and muck stalls and here comes Kylie running up to say hi.
She is too cute. Really. She is so animated and so little, haha. Being so small and only 7, there is only so much she can "help" with. She was sooooo excited to lead the "big" horses. As she led Bubby out someone commented just how freaking cute she is.....which got me thinking.... So Kylie may be riding Bubby in her lesson Tuesday hehehe :D I think it will good for the both of them. She can ride something that she may actually be able to post with (She posts too slow on Dude) and I've always had a feeling Bubby would make an excellent lesson horse.....so we shall see. I completely trust him. He tends to listen to the wee ones more so than me anyway! I think I mentioned in a previous post he LOVES little kids. He doesn't go blank when they work around him or ride him like a lot of lesson horses tend to. He is very attentive :) If I could just find a therapeutic program to try him in next.....
In sucky news, the barn helper quit. Here's the kicker: he wanted to do less work and be paid more.......Does that make sense to ANYONE??? Not to mention, I don't think this guy had any room to negotiate like that....this kinda job helps you to fly under the radar if ya know what I mean. Good news, my boss may have already found a replacement. Here's hoping! And this guy sounds like the real deal. Hoping, praying... I really don't think I can go back to the work schedule I was on pre-Juan. I like having a LIFE thank you. And it would be a step back instead of forward. Maybe others may think that in my position I should work myself to death to get anywhere but I'm simply not doing that. Health wise, no way. I would like to be doing this when I die an old, cantankarous, cat lady in her 90s, thanks. Seriously, the horse world can be so archaic.

I'll have to be sure to get pics of my boy and Kylie. Crossing fingers all goes well!!!
Til next time :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment