Sunday, February 6, 2011

I WIsh Mommy and Daddy Would Buy Me A Push Button Pony Too...

NOT! Don't you just love seeing some of the young "talent" coming up through the ranks. HA! Yeah, if my dad was a rock star, I guess I would have access to the really expensive, thoroughly broke HUNTER/"Jumper" horse too. What a laugh. Any discipline really. I have learned so much from the green and unbroke horses in my life, I can't imagine where my riding would be without them. It's hard to learn the concept of "seat" when yours is never tested. The theory's in riding are truly learned via green horse and good trainer. Combined. Well, my belief anyway, haha. But, how do you learn how to get THERE, if you never take a young horse through the motions??? Yeah, pet peeve much, lol?
All I know is that I bought my first horse for $600. I had the crappy tack for years because I couldn't afford anything else. I didn't have a trainer to work with the both of us because I didn't have a trailer. But I kept riding so one day hopefully I would get a chance to ride with someone and MAYBE one day we would compete. That was 10 years ago. And I get no bigger thrill than when we have a break through in our training or when we move up in our training.
Where's the thrill when it's just handed to you? Where's the feeling of accomplishment? Hey, maybe its just me. Really. But I don't get it. It's like having a blue ribbon just handed to you. I have 3 hanging in my room. And I don't count any of them. Why? Because there was no one in my class. AND my scores were less than desirable.
I don't want it handed to me. I want to earn it. Plain and simple.
And on that note, we had a very good ride yesterday. Almost slipping on ice and all, haha. Very forward, and TONS of impulsion. Love love love :D Not to mention, a DREAM over trot poles. He didn't raise his head over any of them. Tempo and rhythm did. not. change. Love love love love love!!! I can not wait for show season to start! He has come so far in his training the last few months it's unreal. The light bulb went off this winter, hahaha. Could you ask for a better partner? I think not ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment