Monday, February 14, 2011

What Was Capone's Take On This Holiday??

Yeah. Silly holiday :P I think I celebrated it....once...ever, haha. And in truth, I....may have forgotten.....Have I mentioned I have a tendency to think/act like a guy??? Sad but, true. Please don't come crying to me....I don't handle crying well, as I discovered about a year ago. What is thing EMOTIONS??? ;)
Don't get me wrong, I don't despise the holiday. Unlike most of the other singles out there. Ah well, it is what it is. Wasn't meant to be this year....of last uuhhhhh.....oh who cares! >P
So, I went to the barn :D I mean, we don't have any appointments until Wednesday, it was WARM today and we may potentially have a dressage show this weekend (yay!). Bubby was fantastic, as he has been the last few months. I'm getting better with his sitting trot too, woohoo! I rode in the close contact. I really need to ride in it more as is, if we are ever going to start jumping. Surprised myself, my two-point was solid. I'm out of shape of course, haha but, not wobbly in the least. Our halts need some work before Saturday. We've started doing our giraffe impersonation in the halt. Oy. Luckily, it seems we just need a bit of a tune up. It took quite a few trot-halts to get the idea across but it got across. The sitting trot helped with that though. And the saddle helped with the sitting trot :)
After the ride, the Old One NEEDED a clean up. With all the snow, everyone has been camping out in the run in shed. Lots of poop to be lying about in. And he does love his naps. I initially was going to just groom him up really well and hose his legs off. Well, that was useless. It was near 60 and he is known for scratches and rain rot. So, the legs got a good scrubbing :) I didn't have time to pull his mane but that needs done too. I trimmed it up a month or so ago but his is way thicker than Bubby's. Not to mention he had mud EVERYWHERE. Literally, up his nose (along with part of his dinner), IN his eyes AND ears, and ground into his poll. Really, he is quite talented, lol. Pain in the ass to get him clean and KEEP him clean. He simply doesn't like it :P
We'll not discuss his lack of patience. Note to self: tell Christina she has permission to "beat" him, hahaha. One of these days I'm going to set him in cross ties and leave his oldman butt there until he RElearns to STAND quietly. I may have a revolt on my hands. At the very least a temper tantrum I'm sure ;)
May ride my friends horse tomorrow depending on the wind. I was going to ride him today but I don't believe he's a fan of the indoor + wind. I'll just wait....lol. Terry is gone all week so I have some time. Scoop is a fun, really good looking QH-looking TB. Judges favorite, ALWAYS :D And she did give me permission to kick his butt a little bit ;D I'm overdue for a challenge, haha, since we do have a bit of a (humorous) history.
Here's hoping I get off my lazy, bored butt tomorrow and go mess with him!

Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment