Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Disappearing Act, haha

Well, its been longer than I had intended, haha. Camp Weeks do that to me. Oh, Camp Week, how I hate thee. Granted this time around we only had 5 girls compared to the 11 we had last camp week. And only 2 were overnighters. I think I would enjoy it more if it weren't so damn hot and HUMID. Ugh. I despise summer. Truly. I do not think I was destined to live in such a climate. How do people live in Florida, or Mississippi, or TEXAS for that matter. No thank you. I was jealous Maine had a 55 degree day a couple weeks ago. That's sad.
Other than weather, camp wasn't too bad. I had a leadline student who is about 5, I think? Very cute. And even though she was extremely quiet and I questioned a few times whether I was making any sense to her, by the end of the week she was doing marvelous :D She was posting by herself with me just leading Dude. She did camp last year and hasn't ridden since this past week. Wow. And she remembered all her horse and tack parts we had gone over all week. I kill for those students! lol. AND she may be taking lessons regularly too :)
I'm starting to REALLY realize the impact I potentially have on the next generation of riders. I try to remind myself what it was like when I first got an interest in horses. I think its true a=of any sport or discipline that you latch onto certain people. And you (and your parents) can only hope that it's someone who knows what they are doing and will be a positive influence. A couple times this week I had to step back and remind myself that its only the really good and the really bad that kids remember. I had to second guess myself a few times. I don't know but to me it's incentive to do a better job each time. Here's hoping.
I FINALLY got to ride as well. My horse, thankfully, who works BETTER with time off. But he was way better than I could have imagined. He has basically been ridden 3 or 4 times in 3 weeks between camp, heat and injury. And Friday he was moving great. Forward and finally picking up that right hind!. Now last week when we went through the cavalettis he was still rubbing them at the walk and trot. I was beginning to have my doubts to say the least. Friday he started collecting himself as he turned for them. YAY! And he hardly touched them. So happy. I rode Saturday with a friend and again, forward and picking his right hind up :D Good way to end a hectic (camp) week.
Random thought of the day: Despicable Me is AWESOME, lol. I never thought a PG film could be SO funny. My inner child loved it :D

Til next time :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment