Sunday, July 4, 2010

Oy.

Happy Independence Day! Let's face it, I am deeply patriotic but my secret secondary reason for loving this holiday....is food :D Actually, any holiday for that matter, lol. And I do love this quote I stumbled upon that I think explains what I mean:

" You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness. You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism." ~Erma Bombeck

:D

Maybe one of these days I'll rant about how pissed I get when people BORN HERE can't appreciate the fact that they were BORN HERE. But immigrants that decide to become citizens do AND have a better working knowledge of our history than many of those same people, and from sheer WANT to. OK, mini rant over ;)

In horse news, Bubby's leg has decided to swell up. Thankfully, just around the wound and not the whole leg. Thank God for small miracles. I'm hoping to be back on, on Tuesday but we shall see. AND we were supposed to do conditioning work this week at Unicorn Stables (ie HILLS!). Ah well. We get there when we get there.
I'm also seriously considering taking western lessons at a barn near Fair Hill. I've ridden western before but not to the extent I have english. Maybe maybe. They do bareback lessons too. SWEET. Which is something I personally think I desperately need and I simply can't do on my guys and be successful.
I shall keep you all (HAHA) posted.
Back to watching the Deadliest Catch marathon :)

"Where liberty dwells, there is my country." ~Benjamin Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment