Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Not Sure I Have An Excuse This Time....

Well, I didn't promise to get this thing written regularly.....right??? This time, I blame the heat ;) Which, in all fairness, was horrible last week. I did ride last week, barely. Ugh, the heat and humidity was >P Summer can suck it. I had an overheated horse both days I rode. And for only 15, MAYBE 20 minutes. The only good thing about my last few rides is my horse is FINALLY picking up his feet! And by that I mean he is now flying through the cavalettis *headdesk*. Be careful what you wish for. But, as the saying goes, in some aspect, better to have too much horse than not enough. I have to say, it IS easier to bring them back from too much suspension, more forward, etc...then to kick and scream at them for more forward, more suspension, etc...
The Ol' Man got a bath yesterday when I was done cooling out Bubby. Bubby hadn't had breakfast yet and Darry was DONE, thank you. They get so cantankerous in old age, haha. He enjoyed the attention. I feel bad I don't do more with him but keeping one show fit is enough for me right now. And it's really hot. I know, broken record BUT he is 30 and out of shape because of the weight gain he needed last year. I don't want to puch my luck. He's happy being retired and groomed a couple times a week :) I figured a bath was in order yesterday. He is awesome to bathe. Anyone who has ever bathed a young and/or impatient horse, appreciates an old pro. He got his puff mints too, much to his enjoyment :D I discovered them a couple years ago when his teeth started going (at 28!) and he was ever determined but having a hell of a time eating star mints. He LOVES mints. Probably ranks up there with jumping and foxhunting on Darryl's favorite things in the whole wide world :D Next on the Darryl-to-do list - mane pulling! lol

Alrighty, in the middle of watching the Deadliest Catch finale :-) Did I mention I have tickets to see Captain Andy, Captain John and Captain Sig in September??? Dork I know, but soooo excited :-D
Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment