Sunday, September 12, 2010

Off Normal Topic for just a sec...

I got to see the Deadliest Catch captains!!!!!! I know, I know, I'm weird. It takes quite a bit to get me actually interested in something.....and then unfortunately it always seems to turn into an obsession of sorts....weird... ;D Anywho, it was a fun night. Everyone but my little sister went (she regrets it, trust me ;) and we had a blast in general. It's interesting too, I noticed that when the 3 captains came out on stage.....they are REALLY that real! There is no change from what you see on tv to what you see in person, which is AWESOME. Well, except for the lack of bleeping, LOL. We were all kind of suspiscious as to how the whole thing would work. I mean, they just come out and talk and show some footage and pics of them....but they are so entertaining! GO figure, haha. I guess if you've never watched the show, you might've been lost but wotherwise it was worth the 40 bucks to go :D
Okay, back to reality..... hehehe, I crack myself up. If you don't get it, its ok. Its just my sanity leaving for good ;)
Darryl is jumping again!!! Christina had her normal lesson this week, in the indoor with the nice cushiony footing :) And apparently the Ol' Man likes the footing! He was jumping 2'/2'3 totally clean and honest. He just doesn't live by the book that one. I'm going to sit here and pretend he'll live forever and be my kids first pony. *sigh* if only.
Bubby, on the other hand, is finding ways to get out of work *hurrumph*. First, I go to ride him on Labor Day. Great weather, I had company.... and his whole fore arm down to his KNEE is swollen. Joy of all joys. AND its hot. The swelling was so bad you couldn't make out the shape of the cuts to see IF it was a kick or a bite or any number of other things. I think I discovered later what caused it as I watched him outside pulling the forelock of one of the mini's >:/ Damn horse. THEN the farrier comes a few days later to trim. I almost waited on this too. As he is trimming the LAST hoof he hands me a small rock. Piss. Then proceeds to show me where is came from....and flipped some pebbles out of his frog for good measure too. Oy vei. Good news it had JUST started. Matter of fact, if I had ridden on Monday, I would have prevented the whole thing. He hates me, I swear. So it smelled something awful (yay fungus and infection brewing) BUT hadn't started through the hoof yet. Thank. God. Claen it out, little bit of icthomal and we should be good. Better be......damn horse. Just doesn't want to work . He heard the word "show", thats it ;)
Well, til next time. Hopefully I'll be riding tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment