Monday, September 27, 2010

Truly Mild Chaos

Busy busy busy. The definition of life right now, haha. Where to begin....well, our first show in months(!) is this weekend. I truly have the showing bug. I used to get pretty nervous before shows, and I'm sure there will be some of that this weekend but I have a need to show now. I've thought about it, and training other peoples horses at one time seemed like it would be a lot of fun. Now, well, I get a lot of joy out of my own horses. Not so much out of anyone elses, haha. I don't know. I ride them all the same. I just feel like there's more of a responsibility when it comes to my own. Oh, and Ive turned into somewhat of a perfectionist when it comes to my horse.....Dressage rider? Moi?! Boy, do I have it bad :P
The boys both seem ready for this upcoming weekend. Ok, minus the fact Bubby has one, never been to Olde Hope and two, never been cross country.......Hence, the little girl riding him will be assisted :) I think he'll do fine. I anticipate some looking around and maybe some ADD when he first gets off the trailer. That's normal for him any place new. I would just warm him up for her but she'll be using a kids saddle ie teeny tiny ie not going to fit no way no how. So, some inhand work should (fingers crossed) get him in show mode.
Bubby and I will be going to a dressage show on Saturday for a couple main reasons. One, I want one more show before I leave for a month, two we haven't shown in FOREVER and three, one of the tests we're doing is the same as the one on Sunday. Oh, and he should be good and tired for Sunday too ;D I lunged him tonight and it was "eh" for the most part. However, he offered to CANTER. WooHoo! Sounds like next week we'll start some jumping and cantering in lessons :D
The boys also got some new clothing, and I got some new stuff too. I love going to the tack store. Love love love. Well, unless I don't but anything. Then its a bummer. Not this time :-) I finally got a new show helmet since the last one died. Same one that I had and boy, did I miss a fitted helmet, haha. It took me weeks to get used to the schooling helmet I had with the God forsaken dial. UGH. I know, I'm being a priss but some things you just can't cheat yourself out of. A good fitting helmet is one...breeches another.....or a saddle....I think you get the picture. If only ride once a week, by all means go cheap. If your butt is always in that saddle, invest in the good stuff. Trust me. Not necessarily expensive, but GOOD stuff.
Darryl was finally splurged on. He has his own knit now (he looks so good in green) and his own "polypad" (ok, its the Dover brand. But the Dover brand is within budget), and webbers for his saddle....so that is more for those of us that ride him but it counts ;). I also got a new dressage saddle pad (shows ONLY, haha) since my dad shrunk the last one (it'll be good for when I use the close contact on Bubby, lol). I do believe we are all set for this weekend :D
We shall see how the dressage jacket fits, hehe. I haven't worn it since the end of my senior year of college....its been a little while, haha. Thankfully I've lost weight since college. Here's hoping it looks stunning, LOL!
Show update next time (unless something much more interesting comes about ;)
Talk at ya'll later!

No comments:

Post a Comment